- Hey, chauffeur, drive to Butyrka Settlement,
Where the prison is, and be quick in it!
- Itís too late for seeing it: for the whole year, yeíve been mistaken, friend,
Theyíve dismantled Butyrka Prison for bricks.
- Oh, itís sad, Iíve gotten a thought this morning
To inspect the favorite haunts of mine...
Well, thereís nothing to be done, then to Taganka Prison weíre going,
There Iíve also spent a lot of time.
- Itís again late: thereís no more that prison now,
To the ground, Taganka has been razed.
- Well, chauffeur, then turn your car, weíre going back as thatís how things are,
As there are no signs of bygone days.
- But, chauffeur, letís have a smoke before it
Or, toss off some glasses in a tavern.
So weíre drinking to the time, when there are no more prisons in Rossia,
When our earth has no more labor camps!